Sperm pills, also known as male fertility supplement pills have been around for a long time. Various research on the subject of virility and semen production has been around as early as the 1930’s however, recent breakthroughs in the industry and research have made the sperm pills that we have today more effective, in terms of increasing sperm count, increasing libido, improving sperm morphology, improving low sperm motility, improving testosterone levels, increased in efficacy as well as further understanding of how male infertility works.
Most sperm pills are taken by mouth or by injection, similar to male enhancement pills. Keep in mind, that sperm pills or male fertility pills can change a man’s hormones (The endocrine system) in several ways, and may not always work as results vary from person to person depending on lifestyle and genetics. And as with many medications, some of these might have unexpected side effects, so consult a physician to consider all your options.
Are sperm pills effective?
The short answer is yes. Sperm pills are effective, but that isn’t always the case.
The topic of whether or not fertility supplements are an effective way to achieve conception is a highly debated subject in the scientific world.
Numerous scientific studies disprove claims that fertility supplements work, there are also just as many studies conducted that prove the efficacy of fertility supplements.
Although the scientific community is divided when it comes to this discussion, there are tangible benefits to fertility pills and some experts even agree that taking fertility supplements is better than nothing.
There are many factors to consider, such as genetics, lifestyle, occupational risks, hobbies, diets, and climate. These factors can confirm or disprove a fertility supplement’s efficacy.
What are the benefits of taking male fertility supplements?
While there are many benefits to taking male fertility supplements, these are the main benefits that these semen supplements claim to have.
- Improve sperm quality – Improving the quality of the sperm cells can be just as important as increasing the number of semen count. This is why male fertility supplements always highlight this in their products and why they include ingredients scientifically that are proven to do so.
- Increase sperm production – It is a well-known fact in the scientific community that nutrient deficiencies can lead to a decrease in semen volume and also affects a person’s sex drive. Male fertility supplements increase semen volume by plugging the gaps in nutrition.
- Improve overall health – As with all supplements, semen volume pills are no exception when it comes to improving overall health. By improving a person’s health, this helps the semen get to tip-top shape, and improve the chances of conception.
- Maintain sperm health – This is the most important part of any semen volume pill, as this will ensure that there is a constant semen volume increase. Constant healthy habits, as well as constant intake of healthy nutrients, are beneficial to semen health.
What are the best semen fertility supplements?
In our opinion, the best male fertility supplement in the market right now in 2020 is the FertilAid.
According to the product website:
The ingredients in FertilAid for Men have been scientifically demonstrated to enhance male fertility. And is designed to support the healthy formation of semen and increase both semen motility and semen count.
Amazon customer reviews also support this claim, gaining a 4.1 out of 5 stars with over one thousand seven hundred reviews.
with some customers even claiming that:
My [sperm] count drastically improved from 1.1 Million to 23 Million.
FertilAid was formulated by the renowned fertility expert, Dr. Amos Grunebaum. FertilAid for Men is a dietary supplement designed to support sperm health, which includes sperm count, sperm motility, and sperm morphology.
This semen supplement contains L-carnitine, grapeseed extract, and complex antioxidant formulas, all of which support the process of sperm development and promoting the proper maturation and morphology of sperm and also boosts overall health, and repairs damages from oxidative stress.
Fairhaven Health presented a small pilot study at the 2009 meeting of the American Society of Andrology and the study found that the eight men randomly selected to take FertilAid every day for three months produced significantly higher numbers of active sperm than the six men who didn’t take the supplement. FertilAid has been known to boost the sperm count by more than 240%.
The serving size for FertilAid is 3 capsules and the whole jar should be used for 1 month straight for the best results.
2. Beli Vitality For Men
Joni Hanson Davis started a fertility-focused startup focused on creating a positive foundation in health and modernizing the nutritional science market, and BeliMen is one of their proprietary men’s multivitamins.
Each pill contains nutrients scientifically proven to improve reproductive health. The pill also claims to improve sperm cells, increase semen count, semen volume and provides an energy boost.
Beli vitality not only focuses on overall semen volume pills but also focuses on plugging the gaps in men’s nutritional deficiencies.
Beli vitality for men contains a unique ingredient called Shilajit (“shee-la-jeet”) and ingredient uniquely found in the Himalayas.
In one study, the substance has shown to increase semen count up to around 60%. This test was conducted with sixty infertile men test subjects that took the pill twice a day for ninety days.
This pill aims to improve overall health before conception and thus could have a profound impact on the health of the baby and combat male infertility.
Shilajit has also been known to increase energy levels, cognitive function, as well as balance.
Beli is also proud of the fact that their product is non-GMO, Gluten + allergen-free, soy-free, dairy-free, keto-friendly, and vegan-friendly.
Beli recommends that the pill should be taken twice a day for three months or for as long as six months before trying to conceive, as this will give the semen time to strengthen and mature.
3. Bud fertility formula
Bud fertility formula for men has been made in collaboration with Dr. Adam Cunliffe, Ph.D. (RNutr) a leading academic in the field of human nutrition.
Bud fertility is based in the UK but this pill is readily available both in retail stores as well as in amazon. They boast a 100% all-natural fertility volume pills that reduce stress, combat male infertility, and has zero side effects.
Bud fertility for men improves blood pressure, semen quality, increases sexual drive thus preventing or at the very least reduce premature ejaculation, reduce stress and fatigue and finally, reduce oxidative stress.
They use a unique ingredient in their fertility volume pills called maca, a food crop that’s been cultivated for over 2,000 years in the Republic of Peruvia.
Maca has also been used by Incan warriors to give them strength and stamina before charging into battle. Maca is also known to be traditionally used by Peruvian farmers to improve fertility.
Maca contains 31 different minerals and 60 different phytonutrients and acts as an adaptogenic which strengthens the body to fight stress and disease.
They have also combined maca with other ingredients such as pine bark extract, cordyceps, and ashwagandha, all known to have effects on sexual drives, semen volume, and overall health.
The bottle can last for 30 days and the pills should be taken twice a day, every day.
What can I eat to increase sperm volume?
Healthy sperms are an important factor in male fertility, that’s why it is important to not only take the male fertility supplement pills but to also eat healthily. More specifically, eat foods that have been known to increase sperm count and improve sperm quality.
Zinc – According to studies, zinc has been shown to play a role in regulating sperm count as well as sperm quality. Infertile men tend to have lower zinc levels compared to fertile males.
Zinc can be found by eating:
- Red meat – Red meat is a particularly great source of zinc and can be found in different kinds of animals ranging from, beef, lamb, and pork.
- Shellfish – If you want to stay on the low-calorie side of zinc, Shellfish such as Oysters contain high amounts of zinc.
- Legumes – The most common legumes that contain high amounts of zinc are, chickpeas, black-eyed peas, and beans.
Folate – is a B vitamin that studies have known to improve sperm health. Low folate is associated with damage to sperm DNA, lower sperm densities, and sperm counts.
Folate can be found by eating:
- Green leafy vegetables – Spinach, kale, and arugula are low in calories yet bursting with minerals including folate. An interesting herb to consume is horny goat weed, it is a traditional Chinese medicinal herb that supposedly increases virility and sexual drive.
- Fruits – Citrus fruits like Orange, Lime, Grapefruit are full of Folate.
- Nuts – Walnuts contain about 28mcg of folate per serving.
Vitamin B-12- This nutrient has also been critical to improving overall sperm health alongside fertility supplements. Research has shown that intake of Vitamin B-12 improves sperm motility, increase sperm count, and increase overall health.
Vitamin B-12 can be found by eating:
- Fish – Studies have shown that fish, specifically the trout contains high-levels of vitamin b-12. 3 ounces of trout contains 5.4 mcg of vitamin b-12. This is also the reason why fish-oils have been linked to semen health.
- Dairy Products – Dairy products like milk, cheese, cream, etc, all have high amounts of vitamin b-12. The only concern would be if you were lactose intolerant.
- Fortified Cereals – For ready to eat cereals, products such as Total Corn Flakes, Malt-O-Meal Bran Flakes, and Rice Chex all have high amounts of vitamin b-12.
How many times should a man release sperm in a week?
There isn’t a specific number of times a man needs to release semen each day, week, or month.
One study reported that ejaculating 21 times in a month significantly reduces prostate cancer but the study in question relied on the self-reported answers of its participants. This means that the results could be skewed due to a person’s tendency to have distorted memories.
Normal semen densities can range from 15 million to 200 million per milliliter of semen. While low semen count can range fewer than 15 million semen per milliliter or less than 39 million semen per one ejaculation this can be determined by taking a semen analysis test at your doctor’s office.
The inability to conceive a child is a delicate and frustrating topic to discuss. Male infertility has many causes and thus can be treated in many different ways.
One way to tackle this is by taking male fertility supplements, coupled with proper diet and exercise a person can increase the chances of conception.
Always consult your physician for the best recommendation of semen volume pills as well as inform you about any possible side effects.