Oyster Extract Supplement for Complete Nutrients
Searching for a health supplement that will provide you with all the benefits you want can be difficult. After all, there are tons – thousands – of supplements available on the market with all sorts of identical ones being marketed. You’re certainly not alone in looking for a supplement to help get you to the best health, and you’re also not alone in being confused as to which supplement is great and which isn’t.
A lot of people settle for simply buying a multivitamin and calling it a day, hoping that it is enough to cover all of their needs. Others buy too many supplements (some of them unnecessary) and take them all, simply hoping that they do the trick. Taking a multivitamin is great, but it isn’t always a one-stop solution to get your body all the things it needs. On the other hand, buying a lot of different supplements and hoping for the best is also not cost-effective, and doing it wrong can cause an imbalance in your body that will very likely do more harm than good.
So, the question now becomes, what exactly is the best supplement to help you get all of your nutritional requirements? Does one such supplement even exist?
Today, we are going to look at the oyster extract. This extract supposedly can help you to avoid all of the fuss and mess of trying to find a supplement that works. As a result, you will be able to save on some costs due to the one-stop value of this extract and the number of micronutrients it supposedly has.
But why exactly will this supplement work? Let’s find out!
Why Oyster Extract? Why is it Ideal?
Before you begin taking oyster extract for its benefits, first we should discuss why exactly it is a good supplement/extract.
First of all, the oyster extract that we’re referring to here is the actual meat content of the oyster. Although it might seem logical that oyster extract might come from its shell, this is certainly not the case. Oyster extract is taken from oysters after it is depurated or cleaned up. Then, it is processed into tablets, powder, and capsule forms.
Oyster is an appealing source of micronutrients because it contains the highest amount of zinc, second only to red meat. Thus, the nutrients that your body needs are given to you in an easily absorbable form. Given the high amount of zinc in oysters, this supplement comes highly recommended to those who are considered deficient of zinc. These people might include:
- Vegetarians and vegans (due to the reduction of exposure to food that contains high amounts of zinc), although oyster extract is not suitable for them
- People who consume high amounts of alcohol
- Athletes, bodybuilders, and fitness enthusiasts who release a lot of zinc through their sweat and as a result need a higher amount of zinc
- The elderly who have a reduced ability for absorbing zinc
- Sexually active men (males lose a lot of zinc in their sperm for every ejaculation and this will need to be replaced by the body)
On top of all of this, oyster also contains plenty of powerful nutrients such as omega-3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, proteins, selenium, iron, and calcium. It also contains a lot of antioxidants, which is why it is known as the whole nutrient supplement. Oyster has 12 different vitamins, 19 different amino acids (which include taurine), and 59 different trace elements. It also has oil and various essential fats for the body.
Therefore, a dose of oysters can help to improve the body’s sexual function, cardiovascular health, and immune system. Surprisingly, the oyster extract is also found to help eyesight as well as provide some anti-aging properties.
The best part of oyster extract supplements, of course, is the fact that you do not need to eat an oyster. Not a lot of people enjoy oysters as they are a rather acquired taste.
How Does This Supplement Work?
If you’re wondering how exactly it is that oyster works its magic, here’s what you need to know. Oyster contains a bioactive compound. This compound affects the capacity of your blood for antioxidants, thereby increasing your body’s natural production of Glutathione. As a result, glutathione (a major essential antioxidant in the body) protects your body from stress caused by oxidation.
The increase in the production of glutathione reduces the symptoms of oxidative damage by up to 90%. With glutathione, you may notice a significant reduction in your premature aging and fatigue. You will likely also notice an improvement in your sexual health as well as your immune system.
What Are the Benefits of Oyster Extract?
There are a lot of different benefits that oyster extract offers. Here is a couple of the biggest:
- Improvement in sexual function – oyster extract is known to provide your body with two things essential for sexual health: vitamin D and zinc. Together, these two nutrients help your body to improve its natural production of testosterone. Here’s the thing though – testosterone isn’t just for men. Women need it in smaller amounts to keep the delicate balance of hormones in their bodies. Oyster proves beneficial for both men and women – men for obvious reasons, and women because it can improve sex drive, sexual performance, and can even help to prevent osteoporosis. Another thing worth noting is oyster extract helps your body to reduce and prevent the swelling of the prostate. It also improves the quality of sperm and increases its production, allowing you to become more fertile.
- Boost in energy – oyster extract essentially serves as a glutathione supplement as well. Because of this function, it also helps your body in reducing the amount of oxidative stress it goes through (which generally causes fatigue). If you find yourself stressed out frequently or if you are in the group of people exposed to stressors such as athletes, smokers, fitness buffs, drinkers, and more, OE can be truly beneficial.
- Helps with pregnancy – OE as a supplement can help expecting or breastfeeding mothers to reach the higher daily requirements of nutrient intake. This supplement provides the micronutrients that are essential for the healthy growth of the baby and the replacement of the depleted nutrients in the mother’s body. As a result, it helps to prevent a low birth weight as well as a premature delivery. Additionally, this supplement also helps your body to recover the energy that you spend, helping the body with the sleepless nights and fatigue.
- Anti-aging properties – because of the great antioxidant properties of oyster extract, it offers the body amazing anti-aging properties that can help you to feel younger and look younger. With this supplement, you can expect an increase in the production of keratin and collagen in your body which can lead to healthier skin, nails, and hair.
- Cardiovascular Health – As a supplement, OE offers the potential of improving your body’s lipid metabolism and as a result reducing your blood pressure levels.
Are There Side Effects from Oyster Extract?
Naturally, it is often asked if there are any side effects from taking OE supplements. Although this extract is 100% natural, it is still seafood. As a result, those who are allergic to seafood may not be able to use this product. Other than that, there appears to be no other negative side effects reported by those who take OE.
However, if you feel unsure about taking the supplement, we recommend first speaking with your medical professional to seek their advice. Your physician will best know your individual medical history, after all.
What is the dosage of the oyster extract?
The dosage in which you consume this supplement completely depends on the form in which you plan to take it. For example, when it comes to powdered OE, the recommended daily dosage is 500mg. this dose can be taken up to 3 separate times in 24 hours. To give you an estimate, this dosage is roughly 1/4 of a teaspoon per serving.
If you plan to take the supplement in capsule form, the recommended daily dose is just about 4 capsules taken in the morning before breakfast. It is recommended to wash these capsules down with a glass of water.
Do note that if this supplement is recommended to you by your physician and they give you a specific dose, you should follow the doctors’ instructions. Remember, no matter how many benefits this supplement offers, it is still not a substitute for a proper diet.
How much does oyster extract cost?
To answer this question, we would need to know what exactly you plan to purchase. After all, the cost of the product depends completely on what form you blend to purchase. Powders, capsules, and tablets all have varying prices. The best way in which to determine the cost of this supplement is to check and compare the prices online.
Oyster extract is a supplement that offers many great benefits to the body. However, we can still say that this is not the be-all-end-all of supplements. Despite many people claiming it to be the complete supplement, you may still need to take other additional supplements to help you completely balance your nutritional intake. Do remember to complement your supplement intake with a balanced diet to increase your chances of getting to the best possible health!